UFO Robo Grendizer Image In New York

Posted on 8:29 AM by Robot Pilipinas

UFO Robo Grendizer image seen in New York

It seems Filipinos still support Japan in the wake of the earthquake/tsunami that rocked the country early this month. One of these is the Filipino artist Skye Nicolas who is based in New York projected an image of Grendizer, one of Go Nagai's popular Super Robots.

Nicolas projected the image of Grendizer on the side of Verizon building in New York, dubbing it "New York Artist Skye Nicolas Responds To Japan Earthquake By Breathing Life To Giant Heroes". I know its really awesome to see this being a Super Robot fan and it was done by a Filipino, Nicolas shows this work as his support for Japan amidst the devastation.

UFO Robo Grendizer is one of Go Nagai's popular Super Robot works aside from his other popular series such as Mazinger Z, its sequel Great Mazinger and Getter Robo. Grendizer was also shown on Philippine TV in the 70's before then President Ferdinand Marcos pulled the plug during the Martial Law days.

Image and article courtesy of Inquirer.net. Thanks to my brother for informing me this news.

3 Response to "UFO Robo Grendizer Image In New York"

.
gravatar
Robot Pilipinas Says....

I wish I was too my friend, I want to go to New York to witness it.

I just visited Skye's Facebook Page, I learned that aside from Grendizer, other Super Robot images will be projected as well in key points within the city. Among of the Super Robots will be Mazinger Z, Getter Robo G and of course, our favorite, Voltes V.

Followers

Advertisment from Amazon