Event Report: ToyCon 2014 Epic Launch

Posted on 11:55 PM by Heer0san


It was an epic summer to remember as Collectibles Unlimited kicks off ToyCon 2014 Epic Launch happened at the Newport Mall, Resorts World Manila last May 31.


Now on its 2nd year doing their launch of ToyCon in Resorts World Manila, and also a part of RW Manila's Epic Summer Campaign. Hundreds of Toy collectors and cosplayers gathered at this 1-day event to catch a glimpse of what's in store for the upcoming ToyCon's main event that will happen this coming June 20-22 (I'll post the details in my next article).


Aside from the panel discussions on Toy Collecting 101 (which yours truly got an impromptu participation as a representative of Pinoy Toy Kolektors toy group) and DC Universe info discussion headed by Justice PH cosplay group led by Glenmarc "The Flash" Antonio and Christophe "Aquaman" Pacud, there was also a media panel discussion where bloggers and the media were able to ask questions to Collectibles Unlimited head Vic Yap and Cholo Mallillin and representatives from Pacific Licensing (official distributor of all DC related media and merchandise) regarding on what to expect on this upcoming major event.


There were also games that were demonstrating to the public such as from Wargaming.net, the company that brings the online game, World of Tanks and Uplink, the official distributor of Kazooloo mobile app game here in the Philippines.

Too bad I wasn't able to stay the remainder of the event as I'm running a few very important errands to tend. But overall it was awesome, and can't wait to participate this year's biggest toy event this coming June 20-22. So for now, check out the highlights that I've captured within the event. For more images, click on the link on our Robot Pilipinas official FB page.

The main ToyCon 2014 event will happen on June 20-22 in Megatrade Hall 1,2, and 3 in SM Megamall. See you there!

Disclamier: All images/pictures that were taken during the event are copyright of Robot Pilipinas. Anyone using these images without the consent of the site owner will be dealt accordingly.

3 Response to "Event Report: ToyCon 2014 Epic Launch"

.
gravatar
Anonymous Says....

who even gave you the authorization to participate as a "representative" of PTK. last time I checked you represented only this blaster blog of yours

.
gravatar
Heer0san Says....

I humbly apologize for not telling the details regarding my participation in the Toy Panel discussion last May 31.

Actually I was only there to cover the event for the ToyCon launch and nothing more. When the panel discussion started, Cholo was asking Sir Dan Castro to come to the stage to represent for PTK but he didn't participate in the panel. So instead, Sir Dan asked me personally to fill in for him in the panel discussion since I'm also a member of PTK. I was hesitant and shy at first to come up to the stage but Sir Dan wanted me to join in the discussion and I gladly accept it.

After I posted my pics of the coverage of the launch at the RP FB page, Sir Dan commented and thanked me for participating in the discussion. If you want to know the details of that discussion, you can ask Sir Dan Castro since he was the one who asked me to represent for PTK on his behalf.

Followers

Advertisment from Amazon